Friday, February 4, 2011

Review #211: Sick Sick Sick - The Devil is Real E.P. (2006)

THE DEVIL IS REAL! (EP)

Year: 2006
Genre: Hardcore Punk
Label: Punk Rock Review
Tracks: 5
Length: 10 Minutes
My Rating: 5/8

Sick Sick Sick is one of the first new hardcore bands I'd ever gotten into, by finding a couple of their out-of-print EPs for downlaoad on www.punkrockreview.org about two years ago. The band formed in 2004 in South Carolina. I don't really know any huge story on them, so I'm gonna cut to the chase, here. This music is pretty standard fast political, angry music with much of the singer yelling about what is ailing him. Pretty sure that this was their first record. So guess what, fuckfaces? TIME TO DO ANOTHER REVIEW AGAIN!!

1. I Scream
Starts off with a crunching guitar riff. Then the beat gets progressively faster until it culminates in the first verse sextion. I SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM FOR ICE SCREAM FOR HELP! Get it, they're singing about ICE CREAM, childrens! Children love ice cream, right? There's one part with a cool half-solo type of thing, but it doesn't last very long.

2. Krylon
The riff here reminds me of a faster version of "Jealous Again" by Black Flag. It's about being frustrated about life but not giving into your anger. Faster than the last song. Another icey-kool guitar solo in the middle of the song.

3. Narcolepsy
I like the beginning part of the song. It sounds pretty awesome. It's when the beat changes. Starts out kinda rolling with the guitar riff and bass riff, then the beat changes and the bass riff changes and that part is the best! The song's about people in society who claim to support one thing but then go off and DO the opposite, such as hypocritical Christians who look down on poor people even though Jesus said to help the poor. Mid-song there's a slower heavy metal-esque section. Then things start to get faster. "I'd like to bash your face in!"

4. Null Policy
This one has a really good guitar riff. The chorus riff is more upbeat and I like that, too. I can't really understand what the singer's singing about, here. KUN UNEYJUAN HILP ME? In one part of the song, he sings about taking over the company he works at, hiring all of his friends, and firing all the jerks! Even Teenage Jesus, too! NOOOO

5. Perfect Crime
The intro has some weird chingy-chungy guitar sounds. Then the beat gets faster. The verse part has a really good guitar riff. Guitar solo in the middle! Just like almost all of the other songs. Then there's a part that has a riff just like "I Wanna Be Your Dog" by the Stooges. I like how the beat and guitar riff go together on this one.

Well, that's what I have to say for all of those songs. The three later songs are better than the first two songs, in my opinion. It's all pretty good, though. One of the first new hardcore releases I got real into besides maybe Pissed Jeans or something. It's angry political punk with a vengeance! The lyrics here are all very "you fucked with me so now I'm gonna fuck with you" sort of stuff. Hello there. You have just been listening to my review of "The Devil Iz Real" by Sick Si-- wait a MINUTE... "The Devil Is Real"... "The Devil IsReal"... "The Devil IsRael"... "The Devil Israel". FUCK. This whole time we've just been listening to the gospel of ISRAEL, THE LESSER SATAN! PRAISE ALLAH, DESTROY THE GREAT STAN! SO PUT ON YER HIJABS AND YER BOMBING VESTS, 'CUZ TONITE WE'RE GONNA GO BLOW OURSELVES UP SOME JEWS!! THIS WILL BE THE FIRST JEWISH HOLOCAUST IN HISTORY.

(Oh, and by the way, you can download this EP for free right here:)

http://www.punkrockreview.org/mousepotato.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers