Monday, December 27, 2010

Review #193: Pigeon Religion - Dead Boss 7" (2009)

DEAD BOSS (EP)

Year: 2009
Genre: Post-Punk/Noise
Label: Gilgongo Records/Jarson International Records
Tracks: 3
Length: 7 Minutes
Style: Weird
My Rating: 6/8

PIGEON RELIGION was a rock ern roll band, man. They... they existed for, like... a few years and stuff. They made some pretty good music. They were frerm Arizona, I think. This... this... was one of their other records that made. It has three songs on it. One of them is about having a DEAD BOSS. And the other ones are about other things. But I'm getting a little ahead of myself anyhow... the thing is that my Grrrl Friend tape I made was destroyed by my tape player last night so everything sounded really fucked up when I was listening to it. So it inspired me to draw some pretty nice pictures. One of them involved flowers. Flowers with beer. And then there was also a picture of a girl saying "WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO MARRY THE PRESIDENT OF GAY LAND.", and all of those other nice things for children. BEEP BEEP BEEE BEEP BEEP. I dreamt I decided to kill a cheetah for some reason, last night. I think I was afraid it was going to eat me or something. Then I was in a video game for a little while. One involving Africans and later on I was trying to swim upstream on a raft because I was in the arctic or something. Anyways, now for a review...

1. Dead Boss
DADE BOUSS DADE BOUSS DADE BOUSS DOODADOODADOO. The song begins with a celebratory "WHOAAOAOAA", because, probably... THE BOSS IS DEAD. YAEY!! The song seems to portray the blissful ecstatic excitement experienced by one when their boss is discovered to be dead. The singing on this song is pretty hilarious-sounding. The guitar riff follows the "whoa" vocal melody of the song. The song slows down and then it's over. Man.

2. Henderson
The beat and tempo here aren't as normal as the other song. It'll be just a couple cymbal crashes and a snare, then another one, and then a bass pedal beat. Or something like that. It's really noisy. Only the bass guitar carries any immediately noticable melody. Everything besides this is a ton of guitar feedback and the singer's drunk-sounding vocals. HAVE YOU SEEN NIRVANA? End of Side A.

3. Huge Bummer
HUGE BUMMER, MAN... the song has a pretty cool bass riff, and a shit-ton of guitar feedback as well. The song's lyrics sound something like "YOU CAN STAND BY YOURSELF, SO LET'S KICK BACK ON SOMEONE ELSE", or something like that. The lyrics are song awesomely, which is a good thing. Did I mention that the song has a really cool drum beat? Anyways, at the end of the song is a bunch of feedback and a repeated guitar riff. Best song on the EP. So, that's the end.

WHELL, FUCKPUPPPET, THAT WAS A PRETTY COOL RECORD. I SURE DO LIKE PIGEON RELIGION SONGS. WHY DON'TCHA LIKE THEM WITH ME BY LISTENING TO THIS ALBUM? I MEAN, JUST LOOK AT THE COVER. LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE FUNKY LITTLE FISH. DON'T YOU LIKE FISH? DON'T YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THOSE FIESHES FAMILIES AND GIVE THEM SOME MONEY? WELL COME RIGHT UP AND STICK YOUR FUCKING DICK IN A BLENDER 'CUZ WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE AT SOME POINT ANYHOO!!! Golly geesh, I dunno, man. When you start givin' your flowers beer and givin' your wife some flowers, y'know you're REALLY goonna fuck up now. So go suck on a hot dog and GET OUTTA MY SIGHT. SIGHT. WEB SIGHT. DUDE. AAAGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers