Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Review #123: School Jerks - Demo (EP) (2008)


SCHOOL JERKS DEMO (EP)

Year: 2008
Genre: Punk Rock
Sub-Genres:
Hardcore
Label:
None
Tracks:
5
Length:
5 Minutes
Style:
Angry
My Rating:
5/8

School Jerks is a band from Toronto blah blah blah formed in 2008 blah blah yadda yadda they're one of my favorite new hardcore bands yukka yukka wakka wakka hulla hulla blah blah jibber jabber jibbery jabbery jibbery jabber... blerh blerh blegh bleck ooga booga duhduuughh duhuhuhuhuhud duhd djfgfhghgfhgfhfghgfhfghgfhfghfghhfjhgjhgjhjhgjghjhgjhg FUCK, YEAH, THIS WAS THEIR DEMO TAPE BEFORE THEY RELEASED ANY RECORDS HURRDA HURRDA FYCJ AHGFHDGFDHGDFHDF...


1. Rock n' Roll, Part III
What ever happened to parts I & II, I do not currently know. Maybe I'll never know. Mid-tempo song with angry vocals that sound like the early Henry Rollins. It's alright, but there's better on here. "Just gimme a dollar... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

2. Guestlist
This song was later re-recorded for their new EP. Atonal bumpy intro that transforms into another fast song. Very intense vocals and a good sounding guitar, though I do think that it all sounds better on the later version.

3. Make it Blank
This one has a pretty good riff. The guitar sounds like a chainsaw. Thrashing, trashing, and angry.

4. High School
The fastest and shortest song on the tape. "HIGH SCHOOL!", yells Ivan. I can't really understand the rest of the lyrics so I don't know.

5. Problems
Fast, but not as fast as "high school". The guitar is good and it plays a very cool riff. Ivan still sounds like Henry Rollins. I'm pretty sure that this is the longest song on the tape. And th-th-that's all, folks.

I feel like shit today. I bought a CD and it wouldn't even work. My best friend won't stop being so damn depressing all the time and starting drama over everything. It seems like the world is slowly turning into Hell with everything I read, nobody wants to hire kids, it's hot as fuck outside, I can never feel excited about anything anymore, and I fucking hate it. So yeah, I got that off of my chest. I'm pissed. But thanks for reading and shit if you read this far. Hope you liked my review. I know, it was kind of half-assed, but that's how I'm feeling today, so that's what y'all get for now. I hope I feel better soon. Until then, seeya later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers